You have two bags of similar (weight, texture) solid pills. One bag contains red pills and the other contains green pills. There are 13 pills in one bag and 14 pills in the other. Today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow you must select and consume a valid pill set from the following options:
- [3 green pills and 8 red pill]
- [3 green pills and 4 red pill]
- [4 green pills and 3 red pill]
Although you are blind, your colorblind friend is there to assist you. Neither of you know which bag contains which colored pills.
Side effects (Upon you):
- When you take an invalid pill set you die.
Side effects (Upon your friend):
Concurrently taking 3 red pills today will instantly blind your friend forever.
Consecutively taking 2 red pills today will instantly blind your friend for 24 hours.
- Taking 1 red pill today will instantly remove a positive memory from your friend for 48 hours.
Concurrently taking 3 green pills today will instantly fix your friend’s color blindness forever.
Consecutively taking 2 green pills today will temporarily fix your friend’s color blindness, tomorrow.
- Taking 1 green pill today will temporarily fix your friend’s color blindness, the day after tomorrow.
Taking any number of green pill within a minute after taking any number of red pills will instantly undo the red pill’s side effects. Green pill side effects will still apply.
Taking any number of red pill within a minute after taking any number of green pills will instantly undo the green pill’s side effects. Red pill side effects will still apply.
How can you insure the cure of your friend’s colorblindness indefinitely and your survival?