Here's a custom Pac-Man level. Pac-Man is to do what Pac-Man always does: eat, eat, eat! Wait, where are the pac-dots?
There are 3 hidden phrases representing otherworldly items in this special maze. One uncovers them by collecting numbered "dots" (not actual dots, just numbers, for increased visibility) following 3 paths that have the below names and main clues.
- Classic path: original eatables
- Sweetheart path: treats for her
- Indigestible path: none of the above
Mission: Find and decrypt the 3 path phrases from each set of numbers encountered along the path.
Bonus mission: Figure out the sources of each path phrase.
- Within each path, Pac-Man aims for the high score, going for the better target that adheres to his current path's clue within his line of sight.
- He generally doesn't change direction unless he hits a wall or spots something tasty.
- Strangely, numbers are neither tasty nor have point values.
- Normal Pac-Man travelling rules apply: he eats or collects everything along his path, and he doesn't go through anything that remains uneaten or uncollected.
- Fearing ghosts would notice where he's been, he doesn't backtrack.
- Each path starts from where he is now; restart the level to try a different path.
- Each path ends when he reaches the last applicable item.
Note: It's the developer's first custom level, done as a quick share. There may be errors. It may be too easy. It may be too messily complex. She'll determine what works and what doesn't from observing the players and any feedback. If the above aren't gimmes enough, she can provide further clues here.
The maze is small enough so that one can figure out the paths through trial and error, but because this puzzle was built around some basic Pac-Man knowledge, here is its Wikipedia article. Just this and one other linked article would be helpful. (Maybe I'll link both after the answer.)