If a word has a certain property, I call it a Halved Word™.
In each of the short, unrelated sentences below, only one of the choices is a Halved Word™.
The sentences do not affect whether a word is a Halved Word™. Case, font, and letter/word appearance do not matter.
- This (scene / segment) is about declination due to aging.
- Deputy Lee's face was (agrin / smirky) as he brought people before the court.
- His (horse / stallion) watched the man who gave him new shoes.
- The detailed (icons / thumbnails) expressed much information in a tiny space.
- My gastroenterologist's beer (mug / stein) is shaped like human entrails.
- It's a device to detect tiny earthquakes for the (metro / subway) system.
- The child snitched on his brother while his mom drank a (cappuccino / latte).
- The (anchor / host) interviewed highly successful, aggressive people.
- He would come back later to try the (fig / pear) flavored vodka.
- (Four / Three) women in highly decorated dresses get in the line.
What makes a word a Halved Word™?
Bonus: You will get 100 bonus rep points for each of my Phrase™ or Word™ puzzles for which you have previously gotten the check mark (2 for Deusovi, 1 for Rodolvertice, CodeNewbie, xnor, Sean, glibdud, f", dperry, and commando)
If you enjoyed this puzzle, and if you feel that it is worthy, remember to upvote it.