A police officer saw a lorry driver going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not make any move to stop him. Why not?
Let's see if I can make this puzzle not "too broad":
- there's no emergency going on, nor any justification for breaking the traffic laws
- the police officer is not related to the lorry driver; there's no conflict of interest involved
- the police officer is perfectly cognizant of the fact that this is a one-way street and of the laws restricting passage along it
- the police officer is not physically restrained, occupied with arresting someone else, or otherwise incapable of stopping the lorry driver
- no alien intervention or supernatural activity is involved; this incident is perfectly plausible and could easily have happened today.