The following six audio samples represent, perhaps, the best-known classical music compositions as they have been used in more than 150 mainstream movies.
This question asks you to identify the six original composers.
Unfortunately, the last audio sample has been transmogrified (messed up) beyond recognition. You can still identify the sixth composer by either:
- un-transmogrification of the sixth audio sample or
- decoding this cipher using the surnames of the first five composers:
5-5, 2-6, 3-3, 1-4, 4-1, 2-1, 5-2, 1-3, C, 5-1, 3-4, 1-5, 2-1, B, 3-5, 3-6, 4-2, 4-6, 2-5
EDIT - here is an alternate method to receive the audio samples:
- Download the following image
- Change its file extension from .gif to .rar
- Extract the six audio files using WinRAR (other unzip software may not work)
These audio samples are from public domain sources on either Musopen or Wikipedia. The compositions and the performances are both free from copyright.