I've added a twist to my normal cryptogram methods. I want to know if this twist makes the puzzle too difficult and, if so, how far back should I scale the efforts until the twist doesn't make it unsolvable. The cipher used is not that complicated but I don't know how much that complication is increased by the twist. Here is my method:
- Post the original cryptogram
- Wait $n$ days to see if someone finds the plain text ($n$ is currently unknown)
- If someone solves it, consider the latest cipher text posted to be acceptable and exit this loop.
- If the twist is the only step remaining between the plain text and the latest cipher text posted, consider the twist to be unacceptable for use with cryptograms and exit this loop.
- If nobody solves it, add a slightly simpler version of the cipher text to the post.
- Return to step 2 until the loop is exited.
$n = 0.23$
The end of sentences has been included.
WYYXMNDGDFWFDGVJTDYUTQDWYGXEYDQPEYEOMUCFAMEBQTUMQVLJEYMQOPNPMUV. NGUVEGJJKUWNYFGNFYGGYMFGYPJFODZTDTALYCWMEPUMQQDDWEJ. GMYYVGJEJDQFEKYGQMUYNUPMVGZBUYTJJALYDFWWFYDTCBYHMJZHVVKYYWDCVUZFJDWUV.
$n = 0.00$
All punctuation and spacing has been included.
The cipher part is a simple substitution cipher.
WYYXM NDGDFW FDGV JTDY UT QDWY GXEY D QPEY E OMUCFAMEBQ TUMQ VLJEYMQOP NPMUV. NGU VEGJJ KUWNYFG NFYGGYM FGY PJFODZTDTA LY CWMEP UM QQDDWEJ. GMYY VGJEJ D QFEKYG QMUY NUPMV, GZBUYTJJA LYDFWWFYDTC BYHMJZHV VKYYWDC VUZFJDWUV.
$n = 8.69$
The twist is the only thing remaining between the plain text and the cipher. To clarify, to go from plain text to the last edit (above), the process is: Plain Text, Twist, Cipher. Per Step 4 of the method, the loop will now exit.
NEEVR WIHITN TIHS LFIE OF MINE HVAE I MDAE A CROGTYRAPM FORM SBLAERMCD WDROS.