Heads up: It's possible to solve this puzzle without writing computer code, but it is intended to be solved with computer help.
This is a 2-stage puzzle.
Stage 1: Calculation Puzzle
1. You must start at A and end at P.
2. You may not visit a cell more than once.
3. You must travel along the pathways, which go horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
4. A path need not visit every cell (but it can).
Find 8 paths from A to P. The final values for each of the 8 paths must equal one of these values:
1,600 1,800 1,900 2,300 2,400 3,600 4,500 5,000
A couple examples of valid paths, and their values in bold:
- AFKP = ((5+4)+8) = 17
- AFKHGLP = (((((5+4)+8)x6)x7)-1) = 713
Stage 2: Word Find
Once you find the 8 paths, group them by path length and sum the values for the paths in each group. This will give you 4 numbers (since there are 4 groups). These numbers are hints to find the words in the grids below. Each grid contains one word.
Can you finish the movie quote and tell us what movie it is from?