This is part 34 of the puzzle series Around the World in Many Days. Each part is solvable on its own.
These are printer’s devilry clues with an additional definition part in each clue. However, please read on because the rules are a bit different than last time! In each clue, you must find a word which can be inserted somewhere into the clue (possibly changing spacing, punctuation and capitalisation but not the order of letters) so that the whole sentence makes sense. In addition, each clue contains, either at the start or end of the clue, a straight crossword definition for the answer of one of the other clues. Enumerations refer to the answer of each clue, not to the answer which the definition part points at. For example, if the answer to clue #5 was FIFTH and the answer to clue #2 was SECOND, clue #5 might start with something like “A measure of time...” (defining the word “second”) and have the enumeration (5) (because “fifth” is five letters long). I hope that makes sense!
Today I have enjoyed the great outdoors. I have trekked deep into the wilderness, had coffee at a campfire and seen moose, bison and beavers in an amazing natural environment. Can you guess where I am?
1. He fly a little bit tipsy after drinking a number of beers (5)
2. To make systematic progress, the company had town E between innovation and satisfying their existing customers (6)
3. According to my friend LeCross, in London is at a location that's very accessible (7)
4. Man credited with splitting the AI? Sh! Lyre warded by the French head of state (8)
5. When the rest of the group sleeps in a ho, TNT outside that's already becoming damp (9)
6. Back in the day, the Scandinavians has and crosses was what they called tic-tac-toe in Australia (11)
7. Ticket resellers told us the most recorded jazz'd ward (hey, man!) and Johnny Green's "Body and Soul" (11)
8. In DJ, I, boss, Ed the local navy by spraying holy water on a warship (10)
9. The content of the band's first deen IOUs compositions – I cannot name a single one to get rid of (10)
10. To provoke discussion, they proposed a new method for telling different isotopes of car, nab ling scientists to more reliably determine the age of objects (9)
11. John, the musician, claims to have a serious personality, but I think he, Sara on ally (8)
12. The member of seal teamed a box lunch at the base (3-4)
13. The King of Croatia used to confiscate one firey (6)
14. Fleet Street was full of cared illegally this morning (5)
Gladys will return in It Must Be New York.