Unable to sleep, I found myself reading stellar stories starring stars. They told tales of:
- The view after the Great Flood, depicted in oil
- A fellow who boasted he would slay all beasts, memorialized alongside his killer
- A famous plumber's compilation
- Something from the 70s, named after a grocery store
- A calico with radiating white and a purple core
Now that you know more about these stories, How long did Polaris' home wait for its star?
You don't need to find all five stellar stories in order to solve this. However, identifying more of them may help you find the attribute that makes them stellar stories. You will need to know what a stellar story is if you want to answer the bolded question.
The theme of the puzzle is shared across all six "stellar stories", including Polaris' home. All six fit the theme in a more obvious way, and then all six also fit the theme in a more meta way. You can only discover the meta-element connecting these six by using the internet for search for the topics of these stories.
If you spent some time on your PC searching for the topics of each "stellar story", you likely saw the meta-element that connects them hiding in plain sight.