"Sometimes, I feel like I could use some change in life."
"Prudent thought. Know, however, that to change one must first destroy."
"How am I supposed to do that?"
"Allow me to chronicle seven tales of metamorphosis. Therein, my child, you shall find enlightenment."
- A shop, once insufficient (2,3) , went on to withdraw beliefs.
- A standard procedure (2), changed an anatomical slippage (1) into breakdown.
- An attempt to administer (1) turned a children's book character (2) into a visitor from the unknown.
- An attempt to tell changed an urban street vehicle (3) into a railway vehicle (3).
- A former president (4) made garments (4) into something of no concern.
- An Apple product turned a spiked club (4) into that woman (3).
- A small particle (2) that once travelled by sea is now grinned (6) at.
"That...made no sense at all."
"Patience, my child, for I am yet to narrate the greatest change of all, one that bespeaks the answer you seek."
???? → Spiritual energy → ????
"So I need spiritual energy to destroy stuff or whatever? I gotta say, that doesn't really help."
"I'm afraid, revelations must ever be enigmatic. Go seek the wisdom of the astute minds of Puzzling.SE; perhaps they can uncover the ten-letter answer."
...and here we are. Any help is appreciated.