Tragedy has struck during my family's annual Christmas party! When going to check on the gifts I had prepared for each of my guests, I realized that all of the labels had fallen off! Despite my best efforts to remember who was supposed to get what, I can only remember bits and pieces.
Can you help me correctly label the gifts?
- Aine Francis-Finkelstein
- Julie S
- rumpled note saying "not it"
- "I hope you have a fun xmas"
- paperback novel about the YMCA
- ewer full of soul
- handful of lira
- Frank arrived immediately after the person getting cod.
- The person getting lira arrived after the person getting the Christmas wishes.
- Aine isn't getting the paperback novel
- The person who arrived last is the one getting the rumpled note.
- One person arrived between Frank and Abraham, and they will be the one getting the paperback novel.
- Julie arrived first.
- Giovanni will be getting the ewer of soul.
- Abraham isn't getting the rumpled note.
Fortunately, it seems like what I was able to remember was enough the make sure everyone got the gift they were meant to. Everyone loved their gifts, and we spent some time catching up before dinner. Aine told us about her 2 kids: Alex, age 15, and Bella, age 6. Giovanni took the opportunity to remind us that the key to a good celebration is family, to which we all agreed. After spending a bit more time chatting we all headed to our seats. However, our family keeps to a strict seating arrangement, which I'd unfortunately forgotten. Once again, I did recall a few facts that should help puzzle it out.
- The rice fanatic sits somewhere between the chemist and Charles.
- The linguist is somewhere to my left.
- The Albanian sits next to the chemist, but not Frank.
- The pizza connoisseur is on one of the ends.
- There were two people between the rotten board gamer and the turophile.
- I sit in the middle.
Can you extract the seating arrangement?
Also, what am I getting for Christmas?
Frank is a fan of bacon, but Abraham's religious affiliation prevents him from consuming it.
These seem like rather odd gift ideas, and they don't seem to line up with the second half of the puzzle. Maybe the order of their arrival holds some kind of clue?