Here is a short identification puzzle inspired by a road trip across the U.S.
There are four sets of clues, each identifying a state.
Please identify each state and what they have in common/why they specifically are significant.
A clue or set of clues may have multiple possible answers, but only one combination forms a complete answer.
- Not one of the original states
- is on its right
- could fit within it
- The last letter is the same as the first letter
- Imports false charity into the Keystone State
- Potatoes, say
- Imports crude petroleum into the Mount Rushmore State
- Has a recognizable shape
- Contains part of the mind (Freudian)
Little or no knowledge is required to solve this puzzle. There are a few viable break-in points (in my opinion); solving any will quickly lead you to the answer.