Rewriting the puzzle in text:
Move exactly 2 matchsticks to make this equality true:
4 + 9 - 7 = 1
- By the word 'move', I would also like to allow the possibility of 'remove', to allow for additional creative solutions.
- You can use both operations, move and remove, in your solution, but the total number of matchsticks which you move or remove should be 2 only.
- That is, you can do one of the following alternatives:
- 2 move operations
- 2 remove operations
- 1 move and 1 remove operation (in any order)
- The equality must not be converted into inequalities. Please don't modify the equality symbol.
- Please do not introduce more matchsticks into the puzzle.
- I don't have a full list of solutions.