What is the word in each case?
- I can attach or cut.
- I can be virtual or real.
- I can approve or penalize.
- I can separate or entangle.
Puzzling Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for those who create, solve, and study puzzles. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Four words that satisfy these double definitions are:
1. I can attach or cut.
2. I can be virtual or real.
LITERAL(LY) ('virtually' when used in the colloquial sense...)
3. I can approve or penalize.
4. I can separate or entangle.
In fact, there's a word to describe words like these:
Auto-antonyms - words with multiple meanings which are the reverse of one another.