I hear there is no sound in space.
But you are not in space so should have no trouble solving these.
(These are related/themed cryptic clues, more or less. They may or may not be valid or fair, in the strictest sense. But there are a couple patterns so that shouldn’t get in your way.)
Take the answer with an invalid first letter and subtract the last letter to form a relevant word.
- Align ball-point pens into boxy shapes
- Memory and communication system interconnected four ways
- Many-sided enclosure missing chatty occupant
- Lumberjack questions benefit of hatchets versus saws, which can make a smooth, tall line
- Seabirds struggling to form V’s
- Round about way of asking monarch to take a bath
- Response after spotting hilarious attempt to pitch a tent
- Gollum impersonator cut due to sickness going around
- Red animal wearing pumps
- Deceitful cats restin' in straight rows
- Mouth shape formed without teeth, gums, or tongue
- Coniferous tree bent in reverse
- Bow low to hear this proclamation of a six-year-old upon seeing big trucks
Here are the word lengths, in no particular order:
(5), (5), (6), (6), (7), (7), (7), (9), (9), (10), (13), (1-4), (1-4)
Warning: originally I had clue 1 as "... boxy shape (5)" but added an 's' as it seemed to read better. I think I inadvertently broke the definition (see commentary); feel free to read as "... curves (6)" or something. Since it's unclear, I'll confirm we are looking for 'cubics'.
Scrawled on the side of the side of the puzzle you make out part of a message: "Eu#### wuz heer"
For #5, the splitter is 'to'. All other words are important. The definition can "form V's" in a certain abstract sense. Answers given so far are maybe valid but unlikely to lead to an overall solution.
Notes: @Prem has part of the wordplay for #13 hidden in their post. Ellipse can be pronounced with an 'ah' where I am from. If you add a drawl...
With what you now know, re-examine the introduction
For most or all clues, the wordplay is essentially the entire sentence, but for the red animal clue, that is a bit misleading. The relevant wordplay is "red animal". The animal happens to be wearing pumps in the clue, but that is not relevant and quite silly. This should be doable as I googled "red animal" and saw a picture of it.
Why wear pumps? Perhaps as a joke, for his best friend is getting married and he is going to crash the (??) party...
The missing geometric entity is well known to preschoolers. The red animal, not at all.