One evening you receive an e-mail from an acquaintance, asking for your help. The e-mail runs as follows:
I need your help! I've forgotten the combination to my safe and I need some important documents that are inside. I believe I hid the code in the attached recipe. Here's what I can say (it may or may not help):
- The recipe is written in my handwriting
- The safe has 6 dials
- Each dial has values ranging from 1 to 100
- I have a cousin Alex, and an aunt named Lavinia
- I remember the default combination was 1-2-3-4-5-6 (that's the same combination I have on my luggage!), but I've definitely changed it since then
Help! I called my dad and he doesn't even LIKE Caesar salad. I'm so confused.
The following recipe is attached to the e-mail:
Dad's Favorite Caesar Salad
- 1 bag iceberg greens
- 1 carton Alex's extreme simmered eggs
- 2 ounces olives
- 1 ounce shaved parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 measure Lavinia's dressing
Mix the ingredients in the appropriate order (the amounts are just the start). Get rid of anything Caesar wouldn't recognize, or if the amount is too much. Once mixed, garnish with a crouton (or an anchovy - it's the same).
Can you help your friend out?
Follow the 3 steps of the instructions if you have trouble interpreting them, Hint 2 will be more explicit
Here are the steps: Get the order correct, then figure out the numbers from the ingredients (Quark has a mostly-right idea), then "garnish".