I was making a mathematical game (viewable here: www.michaelprimo.it/beta) where you have a 3x3 grid, one central yellow button with a generated number and the other eight blue buttons with clickable and summable numbers. I thought: "what if everything is predictable?" So I made this:
- There are eight numbers: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and a main number of value 2
- You must sum the numbers you have to reach exactly that number
- After that, all the numbers used for the sum AND the main number will be increased by 1
- The next move will have 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and 3 as a main number. Now we must select numbers to make a sum of 3.
- This is repeated until you finish the moves
What is the biggest main number you can reach? More importantly, is the game doable (as in no particular tricks and it's not broken in some way)
I want to know if this puzzle I accidentally created during my game is good or not. I am not good with game theory, but I am interested in the argument.