This puzzle was inspired by the current 2020 US presidential election.
You are running for president in a country with 10 states. To win a state you must conduct more rallies than your opponent. Winning a state gives you some predefined number of college votes. To win the election you must obtain more college votes than your opponent. Your opponent already conducted his/her rallies as follows:
- State A: college votes 1, opponent rallies 3
- State B: college votes 2, opponent rallies 2
- State C: college votes 3, opponent rallies 15
- State D: college votes 4, opponent rallies 16
- State E: college votes 5, opponent rallies 5
- State F: college votes 6, opponent rallies 6
- State G: college votes 7, opponent rallies 35
- State H: college votes 8, opponent rallies 32
- State I: college votes 9, opponent rallies 45
- State J: college votes 10, opponent rallies 40
What is the least number of rallies you need run to win the election?