Three men, including Gianni and three woman, including Sachi are in line at the BrentWood post office. Each has two different pieces of business to conduct.
- The first person is a woman.
- Carlos wants to send an overnight package.
- Lau is just ahead of Pimentelli who is the same sex as Lau.
- Gianni is two places ahead of the person who wants to buy stamps.
- Knutson - who is the opposite sex than Rendler - isn't the person who wanted to complain about a mail carrier.
- The six people, not necessarily in the same order are - Anthony, Donna, the person who wants to fill out a change-of-address form, the one who wants to buy a money order, the one who wants to send Airmail to Tibet and the second person in the line.
- The four tasks of the last two people in line, not necessarily in the same order are - sending books fourth class, buying a money order, picking up a package and complaining about a mail carrier.
- The person who wants to send books fourth class is just behind a person of the same sex.
- Mary is just behind a person who wants to send an insured package.
- The person who wants to send Airmail to Tibet is either two places ahead of or two places behind the one who wants to add postage to his or her meter.
- Anthony isn't two places behind the who wants to pickup a registered letter.
- Toriseza is two places ahead of the person who wants to pick up a package.
- Knutson isn't just ahead of the person who wants to send an item parcel post.
Can you figure out where each customer is in the line, his or her full name (one surname is Loti) and the two things he or she wants to accomplish? Provide your answer is POSITION - FIRST NAME - LAST NAME - BUSINESS - BUSINESS format.
The in general way was to go forward in finding a loophole information which will let us either match someone with job or sex or position but I couldn't do either. Please guide.
Source: I have obtained this puzzle from a book called "400 Puzzles (Infosys)" which is the collection of different variety of puzzles asked in "Interviews of Infosys"
Note: The answer is provided but the the way to arrive at the solution can't be just trial and error method. So if anyone can guide how to proceed rather than just reiterate question I'll be obliged.