The answer to this puzzle is a list of ten thematically related words or proper names or phrases. Each of these is clued cryptically, and the theme is to be determined. NOTE: While the theme mostly works generically, it is topical to PSE as of its posting date. Since the definition part of a cryptic clue would give away the theme, these cryptic clues use a family member (e.g., mom, sister) to stand in for the definition part of the clue. So for example, if the theme of the puzzle were chemical elements, "Sister picking at nit" would clue "tin". I hope you enjoy!
- Dad's fish takes eastward turn (8)
- Sister asserts uranium without alpha decay assumes unsure capture? (9)
- Niece is a light-weight, swapping bottom-shelf vodka for H2O in the end (8)
- Grandpa was sneak: captured, tortured Hitler (11)
- Guy's a monster: held up grandma (5)
- Brother and I jog back and bake hash (8)
- He ground grain up, taking gardening tip from Dad (8)
- Bounding on up, nepotism working for son (10)
- Uncle Jay shot one-fifty-one with Vicodin chaser (7)
- Daughter dancing at Eta Nu prom (11)
Solver Note: Apologies in advance if some of the clues are at bit rough...as I hope you'll see, I felt timeliness was more important than extra polish.