I was impressed with all the answers and interesting reasoning in the previous puzzle (riddle 4). So for today I have another original hat guessing puzzle!
Challenge: guess who is wearing the green hats and the black hats
- The icons on the top of the image show that this time there are 2 "hatless" prisoners. The rest are wearing black and green hats, but you will have to figure out how many of each there are.
- However, the 7 of them do know since the beginning how many hats of each color there are, it's just you who doesn't know.
- The four first prisoners are facing the last three. They can see the hats that are in front of them, but not their own. (e.g.: B can see the the 5 hats from C to G, and E can see the 4 hats from D to A)
- The three of them talk at the same time, and they give you a clue about how many hats they can see.
- The hat of D is given, it is green. The rest can be any of the three types: hatless, green, or black
Please let me know what you think about this one, or if you have any ideas for new ones...and I wish you good luck!