Welcome to the Acme Corporation.
The Acme Corporation is the greatest company in the world, and it should be your utmost honor and privilege to be employed as an associate of the Corporation.
The Corporation employs a wide array of professionals handpicked by the Boss, each of them are the top professionals in their field, though many, of certain professions, such as chef, secretary, and physicist are not employed by the Boss.
The Corporation is located in the Acme Tower, a building with infinitely many floors, which is fitting of its name. The Corporation only has a finite number of employees, so each employee has their own floor, with a perfect arrangement by the Boss.
Your floor number should be several tens of billions high, but luckily, we have the most advanced elevator to boot. Some are quite lucky in their floor arrangement;
- the cellist is 20,692,992 floors above the bassist,
- the biologist and geologist are as far as possible from each other (with the biologist above the geologist, and you somewhere in between),
- and the Boss is the only employee who occupies more than one floor (yet he doesn't want to be in higher than ten thousand floors).
In a few months, the Boss plans to add more employees, including an actor, director, artist, colorist, etc. but no employees will change their floor number by then.
Before we proceed, let me test you on your capabilities as an employee of this Corporation. There may be many answers, yet there may also be none; if you know enough, you know it all.
- What is your floor number?
- What is the floor number of the Boss?
- What are the floor numbers of the biologist and geologist?
- Who is the person occupying the highest floor, and what is his floor number?
The only employee in the problem whose profession was not directly mentioned has a floor number of 41438.
All the answers are Words™, and only the answers of Q2 and Q4 aren't Q Words™. And check the tags!
Try typing the professions in capitals.