The answer to this puzzle is a list of seven thematically related words or proper names or phrases. Each of these is clued cryptically, and the theme is to be determined. Since the definition part of a cryptic clue would give away the theme, these cryptic clues use a family member (e.g., mom, sister) to stand in for the definition part of the clue. So for example, if the theme of the puzzle were chemical elements, "Sister picking at nit" would clue "tin". I hope you enjoy!
- Niece's complaint about first taxi cab uptown (8)
- Grandpa recalls crude oil delivery (5,6)
- Important to include a writer of Python scripts after leaders of Matlab project spurned requirements from sister (4'1 6)
- Nephew mowed peat, grass in short supply (11)
- Auntie aggrieved...no alternative (5)
- Dad sick after May fruit absorbed potassium and antimony (9)
- Son first to eat up waffle after killing half hour (10)
Bonus: Why only seven clues? "@JeremyDover is getting lazy" would be a correct, but unaccepted answer.