Puzzling Stack Exchange is a site for puzzle-makers and puzzle enthusiasts of all levels. If you have a question about...
- Creating or improving puzzles
- A specific method of solving a type of puzzle
- A well-known (perhaps unsolved) puzzle
...or you want to create a puzzle and share it here, then this site is the right place for you! The following guidelines should help you post a good puzzle:
- If you do not have the solution to the puzzle, state so in the question.
- If you created the puzzle, or if you already know the solution, then the solution must be unique and stand out from any other possible solution.
- If you are not the author of the puzzle, indicating the original author or source where you found the puzzle is required.
- If your puzzle is mathematics-related, make sure it's not too similar to what you'd find in a textbook.
- Puzzles must not be from active competitions. If a puzzle is from an active competition, it will be locked until after the competition has ended.
- If your puzzle is a real unsolved puzzle, tag it with unsolved-mysteries.
Before posting a puzzle, you might want to read about what makes a good question and the features of a good puzzle. If you are still unsure whether or not your question is a good fit for this site, feel free to ask on our meta site, or to browse through previous discussions there on what is considered on-topic.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Puzzling Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.